Tuesday 12 November 2013

My Life in Food

It's been over a month since my last post. My oh my! It bugs me when people say 'I've been sooooooooo busy'...but I've been so busy. Honestly, I don't even know how it's already mid November. How do I slow time down just a little bit so that things aren't so cray? I am a HUGE fan of sitting on the couch and doing nothing. I think there should be a mandatory couch day for everyone but it turns out that starting your own business, entering into an intensive entrepreneurship competition and working full time is A LOT and leaves no time for couching. This also means that I haven't been cooking many photographable, fantabulous [these are words guys, promise] recipes to share with you. BUT I'll make it up to you by showing you what I've been eating recently.



Bacon, Pancake, Syrup and a mess of icing sugar. Doowop!



Balanced out by my mama's healthy cooking- rice noodles, kale, veg, chicken & coriander seeds. I love days when I can escape work and have lunch on her patio. She treats me well ;)



A delicious Sunday breakfast by friends Mike & Anya. Yum.



Breakfast. 



Buffalo Chicken Dip by moi! Total games night food. I ate most of it.




I brought this little gem back with me on my last trip to the US of A. I LOVE tomatillo sauce and we don't get tomatillos here nor the sauce :( I made some yum enchiladas with this but didn't take final shots because we were too busy eating. oops. 



This one is just kind of a joke. I had every intention of blogging about this vegetarian breakfast casserole recipe but then it came out looking like this...uhhhh. At least it was super yum. 



Anna Went, a local caterer here on the island is amazing. She never ever lets you down and of course, these lamb shwarma-y things were another hit. couldn't.get.enough.


Amped up Spanish Omlette. Extra brie on top? Yes please! 


My first cheesecake attempt. I was just so happy to walk into the supermarket in Florida and see berries selling at 2 for $3. In Barbados, 1 punnet of strawberries sells for $18($9US), so you can only imagine my joy...I bought two packs of my faves- blackberries! strawberries! blueberries! cherries! YEAH!
The cheesecake was reeeeally good and i made a #winning berry compote to go along with it. Everyone was pretty happy.



From American supermarkets to our local markets- this is at Cheapside market in Bridgetown. This is by far the best place to get produce locally. Lots of variety, unbeatable prices and awesome atmosphere. Plus, you see crazy stuff like these Guyanese fruit/vegetable things. A lady at the stall told me their name but I've forgotten it [shocker]. I bought two, brought them home, then got scared to eat them. At least I went halfway outside the box...?



Mama's cookin! Pineapple & Mango salad with lime juice and hemp seeds. LOVE.




Baby Spinach, Watermelon & Avocado Salad with a Blue Cheese & Balsamic Drizzle & toasted pine nuts. SO good. 


Gluten Free, Sugar Free Peanut Butter Banana Cookies. These were a hit at the partay.

Hopefully some of this made you salivate a little. If not, stay tuned for my next post which will hopefully be delectable and in the near future. 

 Sheens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment